Monday, November 13, 2006

Swings and Roundabouts


Yesterday I was swinging...on a swing. I love that word: swwwwiinnnng. I stopped in time for a moment as I fully comprehended the sensation in my body, no doubt enhanced by having a mild hangover and a slight middle ear infection. It is such fun! no wonder my little Os will swing for so long when we are at the park - he has just mastered 'doing it himself'. Pulling forward legs OUT, lean forward legs BACK, start again: pulling forward legs OUT... My point is this: that momentary stopping in time and fully observing my body sensations and looking around the playground, the trees, the sky - its like I was all of 5years old again. I'll always have a go on the swings, even when I'm old and the chains dig into my hips and my arms hurt from pulling, once I get up high I'll stop, float and feel it all over again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dragonflydownunder said...

That is beautiful.
Fun that Os can do it himself now.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Dragonflydownunder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:02 PM  
Blogger . said...

oh my goodness i feel exactly the same about swings!! i love swings! i get such a high!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home