Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Love London



Yesterday I was on Richmond Hill and it was a clear clear, blue sky day and I could see the city of London - the Eye, the Gherkin, Canary Wharf, the BT tower, the Battersea power station - I could look over the peaceful trees of Richmond Park and see the city, pumping, vibranting, bustling, full of people creating, living - it made my heart skip a beat. I love this place.
On Sunday I went to visit John Keats house in Hampstead. Hampstead is a bit like Richmond, next to a massive park, Hampstead Heath, only more hilly and more creative people live there. It has quaint streets and lovely houses. It was so fun to explore a little corner of London that I haven't been to before. Good to imagine Keats sitting under his plum tree writing: Ode to a Nightingale.



2 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Sue said...

Somehow my comments don't show up half the time on your blog. I'm not sure what's going on! I comment and it says "your comment has been posted" and then it doesn't show up. Hmmmm.
Anyway, I love these photos. love you in red!! and the wetness of the paving stones outside. Love that you are such explorers in your own city. Very inspiring for me!! xo

10:04 PM  
Blogger new rhodes said...

I have somehow set it up so that the comments are moderated. I need to fiddle around and change it. But every time I log in I tick the comments and then they show.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home