Friday, February 16, 2007

Going Faeryly Mad

I always secretly wanted a little girl so I would have an excuse to build a faery dell at the bottom of my garden. Keats has reminded me in La Belle Sans Merci:


I met a lady in the meads,
Full beautiful - a faery's child,
Her hair was long, her foot was light,
And her eyes were wild.

I made a garland for her head,
And bracelets too, and fragrant zone;
She look's at me as she did love,
And made sweet moan.

oh, I love the way poems used to be written, the old use of words - it conjurs up such beautiful images. So, I got distracted...and ended up thinking this would be fun.




And thought this weekend that we would go to the New Forest camping and find the faery dell we visited a couple years ago, just to make sure they are doing OK over the winter. Take some jam and bread, a few extra bits of fluff and feathers so they keep warm. hehe.
I'm going nuts! My friend gave me this sticker a while ago, now on my front door:




Just look at this from artist Brian Froud - love his art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home