Thursday, February 22, 2007

Charlotte and Wilbur

This evening we got home from piano lesson and in the haste of leaving, with warm brownies for the road and bidding a quick farewell to guests - I left without taking a house key!! So, we were locked out, the one day Oscar forgot to wear his winter jacket and was in a flimsy summer T. We decided that rather than sit and wait for Dad in the car, we'd dash down to Richmond and watch a movie.

I was soo pleased to see Charlottes Web was playing, this was my favourite book as a little girl. I liked it so much that as soon as I grew up and moved out age 17, I went to a pig farm and was given a runt. Of course, I named him Wilbur. Of course my parents were over the moon when I bought him home and he promptly rooted up all of Dads new turf! Of course I couldn't keep him! Still, I really liked him, gave him lots of cuddles, washed him, put sun cream on him, played football with him. He was really intelligent and he quickly got big, so I took him to the local kiddies farm. And to this day I won't kill spiders, I don't mind having spiders in my home - Charlotte should be no excuse for not getting rid of the cobwebs...hehe

I remember crying my little eyes out when I read that Charlotte died and I did again tonight!! My boys are LOUDLY whispering, "WHY ARE YOU CRYING MUM?" hehe. I LOVED this movie, love the story of friendship.


2 Comments:

Blogger Dragonflydownunder said...

cool, i loved the movie too. i saw it in perth after i missed my plane home...beautiful.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Mary-Sue said...

mmmmmmmmmm love reading your version! it's Annika's favourite too. we all loved the movie. i never killed spiders in my house until i moved here... now there are just toooo many. and my kids get bites on them when they're SLEEPING! no more house spiders for me on the main floor (basement is fair game for them)
xo

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home