Sunday, January 08, 2006

mememe

The first entry.

In the past I commented to my bloggin sister that blogging is generally egotistical & self absorbed ( not for me since I didn't have time, (how could anyone have time to be self absorbed?) - little bit wishing I did have time - I now see that I need some me time! & so here I go being all self absorbed. 2 weeks before Christmas I split from my man of 12 years (at the moment we are just having time and space apart - nothing more) We have 2 small boys and we run a business together - life is hectic to say the least. I feel like this year I need to reconnect with me, I haven't created the time to excercise a creative muscle in my body for what feels like an eon. Its always go go go: business, kids, hubby, friends and way down the list was me. This journal space is a structure I am putting in place that is going to hold me to account on the things I say I will do - I often tell myself I will do things and then stuff gets in the way & it doesn't get done & then I feel crap. So by putting it in writing and sending it into the Universe I will do it because I said I would - maintaining my integrity and being held to account. It will mainly be about my journey of rediscovering and nurturing my creativity and so...

Today I have my eldest boy off at a viola workshop with his dad and my youngest boy is at a supportive friends - phew, was that a mental struggle, using up brownie points (having him stay there for the whole day) while I don't do anything that is really important - slap on the wrist! I AM important I do need time...so its a START! yay! ...now I have the house to myself and whilst the piles of washing are tempting me to just get on with keeping on top of it...I have sat down here and set up my blog, Now I need to go and get ready for a day at the TATE Modern, art gallery - yaay, I'm meeting my lovely brother & his girl there and I get to travel on public transport! - loving the time to read (must read first part of Artists Way) And it the first time in years I have been to an art gallery which I love doing and I love the Tate and I will come home all inspired!

I have been having thoughts about starting The Artists Way - last year I got together a group of interested friends and we were going to start in Jan, then June - now its already Jan again - eek! So I came across a group (Kats Paw) that is starting on the web - yay! I am soo excited about starting this. I am feeling slightly concerned about finding the time to start this AND a blog - I'm just going to have to get up earlier...eeek, there already aren't enough hours in the day! I will manage it tho - its important AND its so easy for me to just make it the bottom of the list...be strong girl - you want it & need it!

Today is the beginning of great great things for me. I'm excited!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Welcome! You will find time. You will also find a balance between the ideal and what realistically can be done, probably, and if you're comfortable with where that line ends up it's all good. :) Welcome to the AW group and good wishes!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Tinker said...

Welcome to AW! Recognizing the need and setting the intention to do something about it, can be the hardest steps to take - now you're on your way !

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm also a fellow AW participant. Self absorbed??...who cares! Let it all hang out:) Looking forward to reading more about you.

10:45 PM  
Blogger new rhodes said...

wow, thank you - what a pleasant surprise to have comments, encouragment & understanding!!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home